Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Who is Amber, anyway?



For those of you who have never met me... or even some of you that have met me, but really don't know me, I thought I'd give a little bit of personal information. Hopefully this will help you to be a little more comfy around me when I am photographing you. :)

I am 23 years old. I grew up in a tiny town in North Central Texas, Nocona. Most of you probably have no idea where that is. You may have heard of "Nocona Boots". Well, that's where the factory started. (It's about 1 hour East of Wichita Falls, if that helps at all!) I lived near Nocona for the first 15 years of my life, then started moving around a bit! Since then, I've lived in Wichita Falls, TX- Naylor, AR- Vilonia, AR- Van Buren, AR- Canadian, TX- Abernathy, TX- and NOW Lubbock, TX! It has been a busy 7 years!!!

What brought me back to Texas, was the second love of my life(first being God)! I Married J July 1st, 2006, after dating him for 1 year. He's been a huge blessing in my life. He's shown me how to love deeper than I ever could have imagined. He is a band director at a local Junior High. The band world was a new adventure for me.... and I'm loving it! I never got to experience the true love of music that these children have. Since marrying Justin, I've gotten to go to many football games, contests, concerts, and "band trips"(which are SUPER fun!). If I had to pick my husband's profession, I can't imagine picking anything but a band director!

Then, along came Mr. D. He's definitely the third love of my life! He has shown me so much love in his short 2 years of life! I never knew kids could be so sweet, caring, loving, and FUNNY! He keeps us in stitches!!! I am very blessed to be able to stay at home with our little man. I babysit 2 children to make that possible. (It's not easy living on one salary, but it IS possible!)



Photography---

I used to LOVE playing with my mom's camera (yeah, you know... the old ones that took that stuff called film)!! When I was 16, I bought my first digital camera(I was the first one in my family to do this, because everyone was so scared of them! haha). It was a Vivitar 3 MP! I used that camera so much, I was in love! If I had to use it now, I'd die! :) After I married J, I talked him into buying me a new one that had a better flash (the Vivitar did not have one to speak of at all). We didn't have much money in our budget for this, so I stuck with another point and shoot. Ended up with a Kodak Print and Share camera. The flash was a lot better, and it was a 7 MP. Loved it!

When we moved to Abernathy, the same month we were married, I started searching for a job! The HS Principal at J's school suggested I go to Cory Sinklier Photography and apply for a position they had. I called their office the same day and spoke to Michelle. She wanted me to bring my resume and come in for an interview right away. I walked in, filled out an application & was hired on the spot. I loved this job! I was able to learn a lot about photography working here. I got to mount & frame portraits, establish wonderful relationships with our clients, express ideas to help the business, create session DVDs, & assist Cory (who was the only photographer at the studio). I also learned a lot about editing in Photoshop while working here. I worked here until the day before I had D!

We moved to Lubbock the week before we had D. So here I am! I absolutely love living here. There are so many conveniences in Lubbock that I completely enjoy! I thought I'd hate living in a big city, since I am from a small town..... but I was wrong!.... oh yeah, and... WRECK EM TECH!!!!

For my 23rd birthday, my sweet husband bought me an SLR camera! I am in love for sure! (Canon Rebel Xsi) I just got established as a Portrait Photographer in Texas, complete with a Tax ID number and everything.... so here we go!!!........

0 comments:

Post a Comment